Thursday, January 6, 2011

B365 #1 Oliver Winery

Well I'm a little delayed on my blogging but good things come to those who wait. I've been thinking about what I should make my first post. So I started thinking about New Years and toasting and bottles and Oliver Winery popped in my head.

Oliver Winery started in the 1960's with Indiana University law professor, William Oliver. His passion for wine took him from hobby winemaker to a more commercial setting.

His passion lead him to working with legislation to allow for the creation of small wineries in Indiana . The Indiana Small Winery Act passed in 1971 and Oliver Winery opened to the public in 1972.

Today, William's legacy is a beautiful landmark that locals and non-locals flock to every year for celebrations of birthdays, anniversaries, engagements and fun weekend ideas. A couple years ago
I celebrated a birthday there by picnic on the covered patio overlooking the pond with ducks.

Their tasting room is a beautiful timberframe structure with large bar and retail store. They sell all of their wines, some even refrigerated and cheeses, crackers, gift boxes, etc.

The exterior is beautifully landscaped, there is a large pond, several garden ponds and natural stone structures. They have a wonderful website with videos and photos showcasing the Oliver's talents.

Here is my favorite.

Cheers,
Amanda Chitwood

No comments:

Post a Comment