For tickets and more event information please visit the week of chocolate website. Below is a snapshot about the event:
What is the Week of Chocolate?
A week-long celebration of chocolate covered events benefiting the host agencies!
Options began fundraising with chocolate in 1997 with Chocolate Fest. Running for 11 years, Chocolate Fest treated a few thousand people to all the chocolate they could manage to eat in one evening. Hundreds of people were also involved as volunteers organizing, serving, entertaining and competing for the best chocolate creations.
In 2004, we expanded the week and created the Art of Chocolate at the Indiana University Art Museum. It's an elegant evening of chocolates and hors d’ oeuvres from the finest local chefs. Oliver Winery serves favorite wines and the Malibu Grill provides a steady stream of chocolate martini's. Uplifting jazz or classical music plays through the atriums while people enjoy the Options silent auction and hosted gallery tours.
Since 2007, we have invited other non-profits to join in on the chocolate fundraising theme. We host our sole fundraiser, the Art of Chocolate on Sunday and they throw events the other days of the week. Each organization keeps the money they raise and our partnership promotes everyone's events into a community- wide, week long celebration.
Options Presents the Week of Chocolate 2011 Events
- January 29th, 2011 - Saturday Sundaes on Saturday hosted by Monroe County History Center
- January 30th, 2011 - Sunday The Art of Chocolate hosted by Options
- January 31st, 2011 - Monday Chocolate Bingo hosted by Bloomington Moose Lodge # 1081
- February 1st, 2011 - Tuesday Inaugural Chocolate Luncheon hosted by Citizens Advocacy of South Central Indiana http://www.casciweb.org/
- February 2nd, 2011 - WednesdayChocolate Olympics hosted by Girls Inc.
- February 3rd, 2011 - Thursday Death By Chocolate: " Murder High Class Reunion" hosted by Citizen Advocacy of South-Central Indiana http://www.casciweb.org/
- February 4th, 2011 - Friday Chocolate Prom: A Prom for Everyone hosted by Rhino's Youth Center
- February 5th, 2011 - Saturday Wonka’s Chocolate Carnival hosted by Amethyst House